Thanks to Martina Stockhause for this email....
Between atmosphere and ocean, standard names are not the same for the same variable ID.
hfss: surface_downward_sensible_heat_flux, surface_upward_sensible_heat_flux
rlds: surface_net_downward_longwave_flux, surface_downwelling_longwave_flux_in_air
rsuscs: surface_upwelling_shortwave_flux_in_air_assuming_clear_sky, surface_upwelling_shortwave_flux_in_air
Some typos were found in the standard names:
- tnpeo: *t*endency_of_ocean_potential_energy_content
- fProductDecomp: *C*arbon_flux_out_of_storage_product_pools_into_atmos*phere*?
- expsi100: 3cbe53c2-12cc-11e6-b2bc-ac72891c3257
- talk and talknat are inconsistently CF-named:
Variable definition long name....different between ocean and atmos!!
- pr: Precipitation with exception of 'Rainfall Flux where Ice Free Ocean over Sea'
- prsn: Snowfall Flux; Snowfall Flux where Ice Free Ocean over Sea
- tntscpbl: Tendency of Air Temperature Due to Stratiform Cloud and Precipitation and Boundary Layer Mixing; Tendency of Air Temperature due to Stratiform Cloud Condensation and Evaporation
- toz: The comment says that the unit is 'DU' but the unit_acronym is 'm'.
- wetnh4: wet deposition rate of nh4; Wet Deposition Rate of NH4+NH3
- Some 'modeling_realm's for variables or 'realm's in the header are missing, esp. of the em-Tables.
- A couple of long_name mismatches but the content is the same.